What is Microprocessor?
Ans. Microprocessors are programmable device which is use to do a task automatically.
What is Microcontroller?
Ans. Microcontroller is the compilation of memory, peripheral devices, buffers, with microprocessor which use to perform a specific task according to the desired output.
What is the Difference between Microprocessor and Microcontroller?
Ans. Microprocessor is a compact form of CPU which only contains processor IC while microcontroller contains microprocessor with the addition of memory, buffers, and peripheral devices in a single chip.
- Microprocessor needs the intervention of human as an input for processing while microcontroller’s works automatically.
- As, it contains memory, buffers, peripheral devices in a single chip that’s why it is less bulky than microprocessor and cost effective also.
Define 8051 Series?
Ans. 8051 series is the 8 bit microcontrollers which are manufactured by Atmel Corporation. The table given below shows the different microcontrollers of this series.
|Device name||Flash memory size||Data memory size|
|AT89C1051||1K Flash||64 bytes RAM|
|AT89C2051||2K Flash||128 bytes RAM|
|AT89C4051||4K Flash||128 bytes RAM|
|AT89C51||4K Flash||128 bytes RAM|
|AT89C52||8K Flash||256 bytes RAM|
|AT89C55||20K Flash||256 bytes RAM|
|AT89S8252||8K Flash||256 bytes RAM|
|AT89S53||12K Flash||256 bytes RAM|
Define AVR Series microcontrollers?
Ans. AVR series microcontrollers have following features:
- It is an advanced or modified form of the 8051 series microcontroller which is manufactured by ATMEL Corporation.
- It uses flash memory as storage device instead of one time programmable memory.
- The AVR series microcontroller also contains A to D converter.
- Processing speed is better than 8051 series microcontrollers.
- It has 3 timers whereas 8051 microcontrollers have only 2.
- Power efficient and can be operated at minimum 3.3V.
- It maintains 40mA of current on every pins.
- Crystal oscillator can be taken up to 40 MHz depending upon the operation.