Dr C Ghanshyam has joined in the CSIR family in 1979. He did his B.Tech in ECE and M.Tech in Instrumentation & Control from JNTU, Kakinada, (AP).He did his PhD from GND University, Amritsar in the area of Gas Sensors. For the past 36 years, he has been actively involved in R&D in the field of electron and ion beam instrumentation, high voltage electronics, microelectronics, molecular beam epitaxy for III-V compound semiconductors, gas sensors etc .He was a DAAD Fellow from June 1988-March 1990 at University of Kassel, Germany, UNDP Fellow from October 1991-December 1991, Turku, Finland. He was a Faculty Member, M. Tech (Instrumentation), Punjab University, Chandigarh. He is a fellow of IETE, life member and fellow of Indian Microelectronics Society, Life member of Indian Vacuum Society, Life Member of Instrument Society of India, Fellow, Institute of Engineers (India) and served and worked for various professional societies. He was also Chairman, IETE Centre,( 2012-14), Chandigarh.Dr C Ghanshyam has retired as Chief Scientist/ Additional Director and Head , V-1 ( Agrionics) on December 31, 2015. He was a CONSULTANT, DIC Project, CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh from 6.4.2016 to 30.9.2016. Dr C Ghanshyam was also Principal, Sanketika Institute of Technology And Management (SITAM), PM Palem, Visakhapatnam , Andhra Pradesh, India from November 2016 to January 2020.
- ‘DAAD’ Fellow from June 1988 to March 1990; worked in the university of Kassel, West Germany on Dry Etching for Microelectronics Applications.
- ‘UNDP’ Fellow from October 1991 to December 1991; undergone training on Molecular Beam Epitaxy System at Turku, Finland.
- Honourary Adjunct Professor, Bengal Engineering and Science University, (BESU), Shibpur, Howrah
- Received BEST PAPER AWARD , Chandigarh Science Congress (CHASCON-2008), March 14-15, 2008, PU, Sector 14, Chandigarh
- Graduated, completing all four modules of the CSIR, Leadership Programme (LDP-08-03), and November 2-14, 2008 and December 7-11, 2008, at HRDC, Ghaziabad, conducted by Programme Director, Groman Intl, South Africa, and conferred by Director General, CSIR.
- AcSIR Professor, CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh
- Dr C Ghanshyam and his team received SKOCH ORDER OF MERIT & SKOCH Award for the development of Electrostatic Nozzle during 42nd Technologies for Growth on December 10-11, 2015 , India Habitat Centre, New Delhi.
- Received my student GYTI Award-2016 under my guidance “ Air Assisted Electrostatic Sprayer”, from “ Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technologies and Institutions ( SRISTI), March 13, 2016, Rashtrapathi Bhawan, New Delhi.
- Received Lifetime Achievement Award in Instrumentation , July 2017 Venus International Foundation , Chennai
- Received National Societal Innovation Award of the Year 2017, NRDC, for Advanced Electrostatic Sprayer , Govt.of India , New Delhi
He is Convener, ICTDM-2009, Mid Term Symposium, IETE, New Delhi
Convener, NCAFPI-2010, CSIR-CSIO, Chandigarh.
Symposium Chair, NSI-37, October 30-November 1, 2012, Instrument Society of India, CSIO, Chandigarh.
Organised , ETECH-2013, August 23-24, 2013, IETE, Chandigarh. Around 232 papers were published in the international and national journals and proceedings of conferences. Trained and supervised around 300 students of M.Tech, B.Tech and M.Sc for their dissertation work. He filed two patents and has produced three PhDs and presently guiding 3 PhD students.He worked on several projects funded by DST, CSIR, New Delhi &CAT, Indore. He was a Project Leader, Design & Development of Electrostatic Nozzle, Funded by SERB, DST, New Delhi. The transfer of technology of the project was given to M/s Jagatsukh Industries , Ludhiana on October 16, 2015.