Contributor : Suryansh Gupta
Bit Locker Encryption Password
The bit locker drive encryption is only available in the windows 7 ultimate and enterprise versions.
Turn on bit locker and encrypt the internal data….
- Open start menu then click on my computer.
- Choose a non operating system internal drive i.e. d, e, f or more exclude the c drive.
- Right click on the drive like this…
- Open the control panel mentioned in the startup menu and click on the bit locker drive encryption icon.
- Click on turn on the bit locker encryption drive on non operating drive (Secondary drive i.e. d, e, f etc.) that you want to encrypt.
- Select an option, and then use a password to unlock or lock the drive.
- The password must be 8 number or letter.(for better use a alphanumeric password)
- Then click on next button.
Warning: Please note down or save this password so that if you forget the password then you may read and gain access on your drive.
- Click on save recovery file option.
- Select where you want to save the recovery file. Click the save button.
- Click on yes if prompt screen shows.
- Save the copy but in the encrypted drive.
- You can print also. So that you had a hard copy.
- When done click on next.
- Now click on start encrypting.
- Bit locker now encrypting.
- When finish click on close.
- Now go in control panel to manage the bit locker.
- Or you manage it from my computer as shown below……
- When you click on manage bit locker .following options will opened.
- You are done now.(turn on)